Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Who Am I?

Although, by my blog archive, you may assume I am new to the blogosphere, I have actually been an avid blogger for about three years now. However, this past Christmas, I decided to take my blog private as it contained the first names and pictures of my children, and this lack of privacy in an increasingly dangerous Internet world was beginning to worry me.

However, the downside to privatizing a blog is it kills your networking and friendshiping abilities. After months of deliberation, I have finally made the decision to start fresh.

And now I find myself staring at a screen and wondering, what do I write?

So I think I will start with the basics and introduce myself. I am a Southern Alberta raised girl. I've been married for over seven years and we are currently expecting our third child this fall. I have a combined degree in Science and Early Childhood Education, and have previously taught Early Elementary for two years.

I've been writing stories since I could hold a pencil (and I seem to remember having my parents scribe my creative writing even before I could do that) and continue to love the pursuit of this hobby. One of the highlights of my year is attending the LDStorymakers Conference each spring, something I've done three times now, and found an invaluable experience. Someday, someday, I will actually finish one of my myriad of stories and then get it published.

I also have a voracious appetite for reading. I can't imagine life without books, though sometimes I think my husband tries to imagine our house without dozens of overcrowded bookshelves - I can never seem to have enough space. One of my favorite places to frequent is a bookstore. I can't walk by and not go in...
And another one of my loves is gardening. I love being around plants. I visit my local greenhouse (about a block away) on a regular basis, sometimes for no other reason than to see all the pretty plants growing together. It's so peaceful there. Okay, I know, I'm a nerd. Due to a cold wet spring and a growing baby belly, I was unable to get my vegetable garden in this year, but I did manage to plant some flowers to keep my green thumb happy.
Well, that's a start. At least I've published one post, and the task of starting fresh won't seem quite so daunting.
One thing I can say, it feels good to be back!


3 comments:

  1. Your wallpaper is cute and I like your blog name! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, cute backround. I love, love bookstores too and flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...